Monday, May 11, 2009

How do Sprint phones work without Sim Cards?

I've been with T-Mobile for years and am switching to Sprint. Whenever I wanted a new phone with T-Mobile I just pop my Sim card into it and thats it. I know Sprint doesn't use Sim Cards so how does that work. I want to sell the "free" phone and get a PDA phone off ebay, do I have to have service on the free phone deactivated in shop? and then transfered to the new PDA phone I get off ebay?

How do Sprint phones work without Sim Cards?
Sprint uses CDMA, so all your data is stored into the phone itself. Everytime you want to switch phones, you'll have to go into a Sprint store so they can transfer the data.





It's possible that Sprint might have some weird guidelines about you keeping the phone for 3 months before they'll swap your information.





But if you haven't got the free phone yet, just look on eBay for a PDA phone that comes with service. Or try the Sprint SERO discount:


http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messagev...


No comments:

Post a Comment