Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Has anyone bought one of those sim cards you can take abroad?

I cannot remember the name of the firm but you buy them on line for about £35 pounds and can put them in your existing phone. Just wondered what other peoples' experiences were.

Has anyone bought one of those sim cards you can take abroad?
When I lived in Spain it was cheaper to buy one of their own sims and use it I had Vodafone and my mate from spain still txt me on that number as I can top up with the UK vouchers. I has a friend who had one of those sims she said it was a pile of cr@p as she struggled topping it up and getting a signal.
Reply:If your not already with vodafone your probably better off just getting a vodafone pay as you go sim and using vodafone passport. You pay 75p connection for each call you make and then the same charge per minute as in UK. EG if you're on std Vodafone tariff, if you call back to uk after 7:30pm it will cost you 75p connection and then just 5p per minute after that. If you receive a call when abroad it just costs you 75p how ever long the call is. Texting is expensive with Vodafone though. I use vodafone sim card for calls when abroad and my 3 contract phone for texts as they are only 25p on 3 network in Europe.

my fish

No comments:

Post a Comment