Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cell phone - sim cards. Can I use current sim card in new phone if it's the same w/o calling provider?

My speaker went on my phone. If I want to buy the same phone (used through Ebay), can I just pop out my old sim card and put it in the new phone without having to call my cell provider? Not sure how that all works.





"technology challenged"

Cell phone - sim cards. Can I use current sim card in new phone if it's the same w/o calling provider?
The problems you may have include:


IF the new phone is locked to another carrier


If the new phone works on a different system (for example) CDMA instead of GSM


IF the new phone has any probems


If the new phone's security code has been changed and requires it for activation.


Other wise no problem swap your card
Reply:It most prob. would work - if that phone you bought on eBay accepts SIM Cards...


You should call your service provider either way...


No comments:

Post a Comment